One of Reese Witherspoon’s most memorable roles was her portrayal of Elle Woods in the uplifting girl-power inspiring film, Legally Blonde. This classic chick-flick has hidden life lessons that are valuable to every blonde, brunette, or red-headed female out there! Here are the top 10 hidden life lessons in Legally Blonde…
1. “It’s impossible to use a half-loop stitching on low-viscosity rayon. It would snag the fabric. And you didn’t just get it in – I saw it in the June Vogue a year ago. So if you’re trying to sell it to me for full price, you’ve picked the wrong girl.”- Elle Woods
Lesson: Don’t let others take advantage or walk all over you.
2. “There LSATS are an exam…girls, I’m going to Harvard!” –Elle Woods
Lesson: At some point in life, your friends might not understand why you have made certain choices. That certainly doesn’t make them awful people or friends. Not everyone is going to understand or agree with every decision you make in life. All that truly matters is that they support and believe in you as you explore your new venture.
3. “Are you free? It’s an emergency!” -Elle Woods
Lesson: Take time to rejuvenate, gain clarity, so you have a fresh, new and positive perspective on life. Talk it out, and release a few tears before heading back to the problem and facing it head on. If all else fails, indulging in a killer makeover can’t hurt!
Lesson: Have confidence! There will always be that boy or two that will make you super shy and nervous. As Elle would say,“You have all the equipment you just need to read the manual!” Carry yourself with poise, confidence, and when in doubt flaunt what you got!
Lesson: Success is the best revenge. Don’t waste time trying to please others or meet their specific“standards.” Stay true to yourself. Although you might not always get what or who you want, the truth is there is something better in the cards for you!
6. “ME! YES. Oh Warner, do you remember when we spent those four amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal? This is so much better than that!!”
Lesson: Be proud of yourself and how far you have come. Give yourself that pat on the back every now and then and remember that pleasure comes in many forms.
7. “You know, being a blonde is actually a pretty powerful thing. You hold more cards than you think you do. And I, for one, would like to see you take that power and channel it toward the greater good, you know?”- Emmett Richmond
Lesson: Don’t let a stereotype define you. Change the way people think about blondes, gays, jocks, whatever! You just might be the voice this world needs to hear while inspiring others who might not be as fearless as you.
8. “Oh! And it’s scented! I think it gives it a little something extra, don’t you think? Ok, well, see you next class!”– Elle Woods
Lesson: Be unique and take extra measures to make your work stand out and show your personality. Don’t settle for being ordinary, be remembered!
9. “If you’re going to let one stupid prick ruin your life, you’re not the girl I thought you were.” -Professor Stromwell
Lesson: Don’t let the bastards get you down. There are always going to be people who are bitter, unsupportive, or just plain ignorant that come into our lives. Even if your friends don’t see through them as quickly as you do, stick to your guns and never lose sight of who you are and the goals you have set for yourself.
10. “It is with passion, courage of conviction, and strong sense of self that we take our next steps into the world, remembering that first impressions are not always correct. You must always have faith in people, and most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself”. –Elle Woods
Lesson: Discover what you are truly passionate about and chase that dream – not a guy; see the good in people, challenge yourself everyday and always be open to unexpected possibilities along the way. You just never know where they will take you!
oh i love this movie as well, especially that being a lawyer is actually one of my dreams.. :)