After moving to California and going through a devastating transition to say the least, I found myself wondering what am I doing here (and in life). Everything that could’ve gone wrong went wrong. A breakup, a car accident, getting a puppy than him peeing all over my new dress, phone shattering, losing power … I could go on…I thought the universe was against me, and I started to feel truly lost. As tempting as it was to take the first flight back to New York to be with my friends and family, I knew deep down, I couldn’t give up that easily.
Instead, I cried my eyes out, vented to my besties, Patrice and Peter (my Cali BFF’s who may or may not be in their 50’s…) poured myself a glass of wine, bought some waterproof mascara and decided I was just going to go with it. I am now embracing this unique “journey,” canceling my pity party and saying cheers to being lost. Here’s why :)
- This experience has taught me to be able to accept things that don’t go according to plan.
- There is something great about feeling curious and wanting more in life.
- Your journey is yours; it’s unique. You don’t need to proceed down YOUR path at the same rate as your peers.
- It feels good to be up for a challenge. Remember, if you aren’t being challenged, then there is no growth.
- You will avoid being a “know it all” and instead continue to learn, grow and work hard. If you’re the smartest person in the room then you should open the door and explore new opportunities and then become the boss bitch you secretly are.
- It’s an awesome feeling to be open-minded.
- When you aren’t so hard on yourself, and you admit that you are a little lost, you become open to more opportunities that will help you find what you are looking for.
- When you’re hard on yourself you can become hard on others. There’s power in showing and accepting your flaws.
- You will be able to get excited about the unknown and the future.
- Maybe you are exactly where you need to be – lost… because how does anyone stumble upon a new (amazing) path anyway?
Go get ’em ladies!